Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it’s Friday. Finally. It’s going to be a good weekend, I can tell. Kevin gets home from Boston today, I woke up headache free, and we have a Halloween party tonight (which means I’ll probably wake up with a headache tomorrow). To kick the weekend off right, I thought we’d do another Design Dilemma. I had this planned for yesterday, but a migraine kept me from doing basically anything.
Today’s dilemma: our new dining room bar/buffet. We found this baby on Craigslist for $50. It has tons of storage, but is a terrible orange-y stained finish. Kevin wants to paint it white. My mom thinks we should paint it black. I’m leaning towards painting the bottom a creamier white and restaining the top to match our espresso finished table and chairs. New nobs are a given. What do you think? (Excuse the picture quality. I snapped these as I was running out the door this morning… it was dark and I was late)
We did solve last weeks dilemma (at least temporarily). On our trip to Ikea to buy our new dining room chairs, we found a great fur throw. We tossed it over the ottomans and Viola! It looks like a solid piece of furniture now. We’ll probably still end up reupholstering them, but in the interim, they don’t look to shabby! Thanks to Jennifer at yum.neatlysliced.com for the suggestion!
Finally, I’m super flattered to announce that Erin over at His & Hers and Brandi at His Shabby Her Chic have both passed on the Versatile Blogger Award to me! I was really needing some encouragement in the blog department, and this really did the trick. Thanks, Erin and Brandi!
When you receive the Versatile Blogger Award, you’re supposed to pass it on to other new-ish bloggers whom you think are doing a great job and could use a little encouragement (couldn’t we all?). I’ve decided to pass the award on to the following amazing bloggers.
Megan and Andrew at Fresh Nest Blog
Megan and Andrew are newly weds and new homeowners like us. They’re doing some fantastic renovations to their new home! You should see their kitchen makeover!
Amanda and Forrest at Tickled Winks
Another pair of newlyweds, Amanda and Forrest share their awesome fitness tips and have one cute puppy!
Mac at Strewth-Tiger
Mac is hilarious. Nuff Said.
Amanda at Lessons in Farming
This girl can grow things (and can them)! And check out her completely DIYed barn wedding… it was gorgeous!
Kristen at Popcorn on the Stove
Kristen is getting married this weekend. She’s planned an absolutely to-die-for wedding that I can’t wait to see pictures from!
The second part of the award is to share seven things about yourself.
- In high school, I wanted to be a professional ballet dancer. This dream died when I realized that being a dancer would mean no cheeseburgers, no pasta, and no cheesecake.
- I have a southern Indiana hillbilly accent after you get a couple glasses of wine in me. What can I say? I go back to my roots.
- I love working on and rebuilding engines. I helped rebuild my pickup truck when I was 16 with my Dad. I’ve loved it ever since.
- I’m an aunt to two gorgeous baby girls. Isabella is 16 months and Emma is due on February 8. Their Aunt Jess loves buying them little dresses and little shoes and dolls…
- Indy is my first real dog. We had a dog on the farm that split time between us an another family across the woods growing up, but Indiana is the first really puppy I’ve ever had.
- Someday, when I grow up, I want to have a small cafe. Engineering is a great career, but I love cooking for other people. There is nothing like seeing enjoyment on other people’s faces as they eat what I’ve prepared. I love making people happy with food!
- This blog still scares the pants off me. It took me ages to get up the courage to start LHBH and I still have doubts every now and then: What if people don’t like it? What if they don’t read it? What if they think I’m dumb?
What are your plans for the weekend? What do you think we should do with the bar?