DIY projects have been few and far between at the Little House of late. Don’t worry, it’s just the calm before the storm. Things are about to get ca-razy around here. Why?
Both Kevin and my families are coming for Thanksgiving and we want to have the Little House in tip-top form. That means a month or so of frenzied cleaning, sprucing up, and DIY-project finishing. We have a list a mile long of projects we hope to finish, including (but not limited to):
– an Ikea trip to purchase additional dining chairs (we only have 4)
– hang wedding pictures
– caulk the cracks in the crown moulding in our bedrooms
– replace the rest of the electrical outlets in the house
– sell our eBay/Craigslist pile
– trim the bushes in the front yard and crepe myrtles in the back
– have a chimney sweep out
– replace ugly white ceiling fans in bedrooms
– powerwash sidewalks and deck
– paint front door
– sand and condition kitchen counters
– dining room curtains
– wallpaper living room bookshelves
– do something with the ottomans
– paint the bedrooms (maybe)
This past weekend, we crossed the powerwashing off the list. Kevin got his new powerwasher out for the first time. It was a refurbished model that we got for less than half the original price.
Kevin was very excited to play with his new toy.
I’m not going to lie… so was I. Side note: bare feet + powerwasher = not a good idea.
The powerwasher took decades of dirt and moss off our sidewalks. It looks like we had new sidewalks poured.
Are we the only ones that go crazy when family comes to visit? Do you have Thanksgiving plans yet? What are your plans for the weekend? Kevin and I are headed out tonight for a quick weekend getaway to fabulous Las Vegas.