Lately its seemed like the hubs and I have made very little progress on the Little House. Sure, we’ve painted a few rooms,
bought some new Ikea furniture,
but all-in-all, we’ve been too busy to really do much. It’s a little frustrating, but we know we’ll get there eventually. In that spirit (of trying to be patient), I thought I’d make a list of our big goals for the Little House. Here goes:
- Remove the large, unsightly stone structures that take up our whole backyard (one is built over a concrete-filled hot tub). Time frame: Spring 2011
- Gut and reno the bath. We love the mint green and hexagon floor tile, but they’re beyond repair. Timeframe: Fall 2012
- Sod the yard. We’d rather seed, but apparently St. Augustine grass (what we’d like to plant) is a sterile grass and cannot be seeded. Timeframe: Spring 2010
- Redo the kitchen floor and add kickboards to our Ikea cabinets. Nearly every tile is cracked on the current floating tile floor. We’re also not fans of the industrial steel legs on the cabinets (and I might be a smidge tired of chasing dog/cat toys from the deep, dark depths). Timeframe: Winter 2011
- Finish our bedrooms. We have done absolutely zero to either bedroom and they need it. Here’s an inspiration room (from Pinterest, of course) I’m digging for our master. I love the subdued color palette and texture variations. Timeframe: Winter 2011/Spring 2012
So that’s our biggest plans for the LH. We have several small projects here and there planned and we’ll share those as they come along!
What are your biggest plans for your place? I’ve got to run and catch a plane to Indiana for RHIT‘s homecoming, my parent’s birthdays, and (maybe) my high school reunion, but have a great weekend!